Develop national energy efficiency standards on multi-storey residential buildings for inclusion in ECBC
Facilitate the notification of updated ECBC in two selected States
Support the application of energy efficiency standards in two selected municipalities
Assist central government and selected state governments or urban local bodies in the development of
incentive mechanisms (e.g. Fiscal, based on new labels or updated certification schemes) for energy efficiency
in multi-storey residential buildings.
Development and implementation of Energy Conservation Building Code –
Residential (ECBC-R), also known as Eco-Niwas Samhita (ENS). The project is supported by GIZ India.
The activities of this assignment include:
- Review and gap analysis of existing residential code (ENS 2018 Part I: Building Envelope).
- Development of framework for revision of the code.
- Conducted a housing size and typology study to classify all residences that fit the ECBC framework and review of recommendations for energy efficiency for all the identified typologies for five climatic zones of India.
- Provide ex-ante estimated calculation of residential building stock estimate and future projection, energy usage and cost savings vs. incremental policy and investment costs, from private and national economy perspective.
- Engagement of building sector stakeholders for mainstreaming code implementation through consultation workshops.
- Providing assistance to central government and selected state governments or urban local bodies in the development of incentive mechanisms